Stories

Archives

About Me

Hopefully, by now you know me and realize that I only picked this title ‘cause it fit, and not because I actually like the song.  No, really, I don’t.  It just fit.  I mean, I went two weeks without doing a blog, and I already used the Romeo Must Die title, so this just made sense.  Y-You know what?  Forget you. 

Well, all excuses aside, the past two weeks have been kinda busy.  The holidays creeping up on me like a project deadline at work.  I mean, you know it’s there and it’s getting closer, but you’re still unprepared when your boss asks to see what you’ve been doing all this time.   So, I kinda fell behind.  Sorry. 

Sooooo.  Just to give an update on things.  We’re moving ahead with Die and Let Live, and look to start filming the middle of January.  If you live in Lynchburg or one of the surrounding cities and want to take part, let me know.  We’re looking for crowd zombies so bring some distressed clothes and a hunger for human flesh.  Hmm.  That makes me think.  Remember in the Dawn of the Dead remake how the zombies wouldn’t eat the dog?  Was that because it didn’t fit their hunger satiation needs?  You know, like how they won’t try to eat each other.  Or, was it a personal choice?  I ask cause what about country’s where they eat dog, would It be different?  I’m not even gonna mention India. 

Well, I have another confession to make.  I’m not gonna make my goal for 117 Days In Hell.  I’m not tossing my hands in the air and giving up, but realistically, I’m not going to have three full short stories written in 2 weeks.  I mean, I could do it, but it’d be crap, like that book I read about the lamp monster.  Really?  437 pages about this unassuming lamp that had been possessed by the spirit of a little girl who was electrocuted while changing a light bulb.  It killed 19 people before they realized that to stop it all you had to do was turn it off and unplug it.  So, if you want me to write that, then fine, but I don’t want to, so I’m not gonna.  Now, I did start over again on Long Way Down, and I like the way this one is going much better than when I first started. 

In related news, I saw Ninja Assassin, which I like a lot and did a review of for Raptorface.  The movie really got me kinda pumped and anxious about writing the script for Way of Honor.  I’ve never talked about this before on the site, but I love Joel Silver as a producer.  The man is a producing deity.  He’s produced over half of my favorite movies.  I’m not going to list even some of them here.  If you don’t know him and want to see his body of work, look him up on IMDB.  I’m holding Way of Honor for him.  This movie was made for his particular touch.  Joel, baby, call me.  We can have lunch, talk shop, and make a deal. 

I wanna touch back on Die and Let Live before I go.  I’m so excited about doing this, I really don’t know how to properly express it.  The very idea of doing the book this way, something I’ve never done before, just has me kinda charged.  Going back to the vault for a minute: “I’ve got that excited scared feeling.  Where I’m 98% excited and 2% scared.  It could be the other way around.  I could be 98% scared and 2% excited, but that’s what makes it so intense.”  I think the plan is to actually have the actors act out the scenes so that the pictures won’t look stiff and posed.  There’s still so much that we’re limited by, which also makes it exciting.  I mean, we have no idea how we’re going to shoot certain scenes.  But the dedication to the project is there so, no matter what, it’ll be an adventure.  It also appears as though we’re going to have a videographer, so Crawling to the Surface: the Making of Die and Let Live is still possible.  Let’s just pray it doesn’t end up a Lost in La Mancha.  Look it up. 

Depending on how things go with Die and Let Live, it’s got me feeling like I want to finally film my own movie.  “Let me explain.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up.”  I’ve always wanted to make an independent film.  I’ve thought about filming Chains, which is probably the one I’d go with, unless I wrote something new.  Now, William Shakespeare’s the Boys of Verona is what I’d really like to do.  Blood Brothers was also written with a small budget in mind, but Chains is much easier for a first time attempt.  Honestly, I should probably do something even smaller, but I’m getting ahead of myself.  Baby steps.  Baby steps. 

Ok, that’s your entertainment lesson for the past few weeks.  Later. 

 

JeraleC

Mindseyechronicles@comcast.net

Tags:

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment